Wiki holter monitor billing

Best answers
Hello, I'm looking for help with billing for an Ambulatory EEG. And figured a holter monitor works similary and would be billed similary. My quesiton is, with the POS being in home. What do you put as your location in box 32. (Service Facility Location Information) of the claim form. Seems weird to use the patients address. Would it be billed out under the referring provider or reading physician?

I work for a multi-specialty clinic and we bill for our physicians who review and interpret the data provided by the recording. We bill 93227 and the place of service is where the patient was hooked up to the holter monitor....normally outpatient hospital. An EEG would be the same...wherever the patient was given the EEG device is the place of service...even if they wear it home and return it and your physician reads it in the office days later...the original place the patient received the device is the billing location. We bill for interpretation so we use the interp physician as billing provider.