• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Hospitalist - I have 2 different hospitalist

kbarron

Guest
Messages
604
Location
Ossipee, NH
I have 2 different hospitalist that same the same pt on the same dos. 27 was added but is hitting an edit. Pt is inpatient. They bill under the same tax id but different individual NPI. Billers want me to combine and make 99233 2 units. I am not comfortable with this and each MD needs their own RVU'S..Thanks in advance for any help.
 
hospitalist

They would be considered the same doctor for billing purposes and you would need to combine the documentation to determine which level would apply. Also there needs to medical necessity for both visits. You would not bill with 2 units, only a 99231,99232, or 99233 x1. I would bill under whichever did the most work.

LeeAnn
 
Top