Wiki How do I find out which Category II Codes are "active"?

scunningham

Contributor
Best answers
Our provider wants CPT code 0545F to be billed with a subsequent hospital code and our EHR says that this CPT code has been deactivated. I cannot find any evidence that 0545F has been deleted... Help!

Our provider wants CPT code 0545F to be billed with a subsequent hospital code and our EHR says that this CPT code has been deactivated. I cannot find any evidence that 0545F has been deleted... Help!

EncoderPro shows the code was created 1/1/2010 and is still current.

I would suggest checking with your EHR department. Perhaps there was another reason they deactivated the code in your system - for example, your group may not need to report quality measures. Or perhaps it was deleted in error?

According to EncoderPro 0545F-plan for follow-up care for major depressive disorder, documented (MDD ADOL) is still active and has been since the code became effective on 01/01/2010.

However, the is a quality measure code for depression and it does not describe a billable procedure/service. Why in particular does your provider want to bill this code in addition to the subsequent hospital E&M, is it because of participation in a program that measures outcomes, or is the provider trying to bill for a service related to plan of care follow for the patient?