Wiki How to bill Xolair Prefilled Injection ? Is there same J-Code J2357 for billing?

Best answers
Hi,

Please help me with one of my questions. Actually, I want information for Xolair Prefilled Injection billing.

Can we bill this same as previously like with J2357 or there is any other J-Code for this?

If any modifier or other Administration code for Prefilled Xolair Injection Billing then please help me to give the answer on this post.

Thanks in advance!

J2357 is the HCPCS code for the prefilled syringe or vial.
Regarding the administration, you don't specify the route so, assuming it is a subcu/IM injection, use 96372. Whether a modifier is needed or not is for you to determine based on any other services billed by your office on the same day.

Thank you, Traut, for your reply.

As I understand from your response that there is no other code for Xolair Prefilled Syringe, Am I right?

So for Xolair Prefilled Syringe if it gave IM/Subcu then it can bill like:

J2357

It means for Xolair Prefilled syringe also billed like the General Xolair Injection Billing?

Please give me confirmation if I am right and If I am wrong then please correct me.

Thank you!

That is correct. The same HCPCS code - J2357 - is used if you use the vial dosing or prefilled syringe. Just be careful to calculate the correct number of units as the HCPCS code is 5 mg/billing unit.

You can usually find this information on the drug manufacturer website. The link for the Xolair site is here. If you click the + to expand either indication, you'll see they list both the prefilled syringe and vial NDCs.

Does anyone have experience billing for 225mg of Xolair? We are having issues billing for 150mg prefilled and 75mg using two line items since there are different lot numbers.

Example: J2357 with 30 units (prefilled 150mg)
J2357 with 15 units ( prefilled 75mg)
96372 for admin
Patient receives a total of 225 mg of Xolair. Looks like some insurance companies are denying the prefilled 75mg for a duplicate even though the lot and NDC numbers are different.