Wiki Humana bundling 11721 and 11056 (Podiatry)

Jlandry17

New
Best answers
I'm having trouble with Humana denying 11721 and 11056. They are bundling them even though we add the Q8 and 59 and 51 modifiers. They are denying because of the 59 modifier, stating that it is invalid, but can't tell me which modifier they want. And when we send the notes with the claim after the denial, they pay. We want to avoid having to do this as it adds a burden and is super frustrating because SO many people carry Humana. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it? Are we coding it incorrectly?
11721 Q8 59
11056 Q8 51

PLEASE ADVISE!! We have been fighting with this for the past year!

I'm having trouble with Humana denying 11721 and 11056. They are bundling them even though we add the Q8 and 59 and 51 modifiers. They are denying because of the 59 modifier, stating that it is invalid, but can't tell me which modifier they want. And when we send the notes with the claim after the denial, they pay. We want to avoid having to do this as it adds a burden and is super frustrating because SO many people carry Humana. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it? Are we coding it incorrectly?
11721 Q8 59
11056 Q8 51

PLEASE ADVISE!! We have been fighting with this for the past year!
Good afternoon, I just saw this post today. We also have been fighting with them to pay these codes together. They claim there is no physician representative for our area. They do pay on the appeal, but as you said it is such a waste of time when we send a clean claim to begin with. Did you ever get any results? Thank you!