Wiki I & D in OR?

jsz123

Contributor
Best answers
10060, 10061, or maybe something else? What are your thoughts?

POSTOP DIAGNOSIS: Right thigh abscess.
PROCEDURE: Incision and drainage.
ANESTHESIA: MAC
COMPLICATIONS: None.
BLEEDING: Minimal
PROCEDURAL FINDINGS: A fairly superficial abscess, right thigh.
INDICATIONS: As above.

DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE: The patient was taken to the operating room, placed under intravenous sedation. She was then placed in lithotomy position and prepped and draped in a sterile manner. The abscess area looked much less indurated, red and inflamed from yesterday. I made an incision from the previous stab incision down the course of her thigh to the 2nd stab incision. Both abscess cavities were fairly superficial and they were connected by a thin tract. This area was curetted out and then irrigated out with pulse lavage. It was then packed with Opticele AG. The wounds were dressed and she was taken to recovery room in stable condition. There were no complications and bleeding was minimal.

10060, 10061, or maybe something else? What are your thoughts?

POSTOP DIAGNOSIS: Right thigh abscess.
PROCEDURE: Incision and drainage.
ANESTHESIA: MAC
COMPLICATIONS: None.
BLEEDING: Minimal
PROCEDURAL FINDINGS: A fairly superficial abscess, right thigh.
INDICATIONS: As above.

DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE: The patient was taken to the operating room, placed under intravenous sedation. She was then placed in lithotomy position and prepped and draped in a sterile manner. The abscess area looked much less indurated, red and inflamed from yesterday. I made an incision from the previous stab incision down the course of her thigh to the 2nd stab incision. Both abscess cavities were fairly superficial and they were connected by a thin tract. This area was curetted out and then irrigated out with pulse lavage. It was then packed with Opticele AG. The wounds were dressed and she was taken to recovery room in stable condition. There were no complications and bleeding was minimal.
I think 10060 matches the procedure.

10060. Unless it was due to a post op infection/dehiscence or some other reason not just an abscess.

If it was deeper you would look to 27301.