Wiki IC green injection

afryberger

Networker
Best answers
Hello,
Does anyone bill or know if you bill IC green injections during a hysterectomy. From my understanding its a integral part of doing laparoscopic procedures and should not be be billed separately. This is what the notes state: The ureteral catheter was inserted into each orifice and 5ml of IC green was inserted. The Cystoscopy was then removed and a new Foley catheter was inserted." So since I cant find documentation that states we cant or can bill for it. They are billing for it. So I need help to provided documentation for this situation in regards as to whether you can or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,
Does anyone bill or know if you bill IC green injections during a hysterectomy. From my understanding its a integral part of doing laparoscopic procedures and should not be be billed separately. This is what the notes state: The ureteral catheter was inserted into each orifice and 5ml of IC green was inserted. The Cystoscopy was then removed and a new Foley catheter was inserted." So since I cant find documentation that states we cant or can bill for it. They are billing for it. So I need help to provided documentation for this situation in regards as to whether you can or not. Any help would be appreciated.
It is done to light up the ureters during a procedure to ensure they are not cut during the procedure. It would be considered integral to the procedure as it is preventing an outcome, not treating a condition. I would first check to see if you are getting paid, and second ensure that the documentation clearly indicates that it was medically indicated for a condition the patient has. This is a basic concept for Medicare billing.