Wiki ICD-10 Homework is killing me!

Best answers
At work, they've decided to hand out mandatory homework on ICD-10 for us to work on. I've spent hours this weekend on it, got my husband in an uproar because I spent so much time on it. I have already passed the ICD-10 test. I don't get this homework thing. Anyone else doing this? We're busy at work so there's no time during my shift to get it done. This is supposed to last for months, and I'm kind of over it. Ideas, please?

I have never heard of such a thing. How much are they giving you? And if it is mandatory you should be receiving compensation or time at work.

Deb is correct. If you're bringing work home, and are not salaried, you must be compensated.

If they want to test at work, it should be done during work hours. Otherwise, you have a legitimate complaint for the Department of Labor.

Yes if the are making it mandatory , and you are not a salaried employee they must pay you. If not, no need to do it. I know they may give you a hard time , but at least make them aware. Also do they know you have tested already? If you passed the ICD-10 proficiency exam, why would they make you do homework ?

I'd appeal to the office manager of the provider. Again make it known you've already tested. Best of luck!