Wiki ICD-10 Test

mbarker

Contributor
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
The ICD-10 test we have to take for the AAPC is strictly over ICD-10-CM right? Thank you in advance for any answers!

ICD proficiency test

If for some reason (lets hope not) that you would fail the first time, how long do you have to take the 2nd one?

Thanks

ICD-10 Assessment

Has anyone heard if they are going to extend the date in which the assessment needs to be taken? Since they extended the date of implementation to Oct 1 2015, I would think they would postpone the assessment due date as well......:rolleyes:

Proficiency testing date

When you look at the details for the proficiency test it says we have until Dec. 31, 2015 to pass.

ICD10 CM proficiency

so just to clarify... if I took all the ICD-10-CM chapter module tests and passed them and I received a certificate that states

Certificate of ICD-10-CM Proficiency This means I am good for ICD-10 certification?? Just want to be sure before I scream it from the mountain tops that I passed it.

Debi, Did you take the on-line ICD-10 training that is labeled the "at you own pace" course? I am interested in taking that course in order to get my ICD-10 certification as well. Did this course give you questions at the end of each module, or did you complete all of the modules and then at the end take a test with 151 questions?
Thanks!

ICD 10 assessment wasnt too difficult

I am a fairly new coder ( still have my "A") but I had already done the ICD 10 workshop with my local chapter and wanted to take the assessment while it was still fresh, I advise being familiar with your guidelines (Codes First, Excludes1 & Excludes2) but I Passed with a 90% its open book, just to see if you can code ICD 10 you can use any & all resources available to you as if your coding for work, Google, Medical dictionary, I usesd some guideline notes I had from another workshop that went into "Guidelines" in detail & Google for some medical terms I wasn't familiar with- finished with half hour to spare- hope this puts some of you at ease. If you can code ICD9 you can code ICD 10- only book you Need is an ICD 10 Draft (I had 2014) AAPC book. Good luck & Happy Coding I am so glad I got this done & out the way- its not required till Dec. 2015 thou :)

I attended the in-person training. However, I have the online training as well. If I complete the online training, will that be sufficient for keeping my certification or must I also take the 70 question test? It seems like I was sent an e-mail that gave me the option to complete the classes without taking the test? Is that correct?