Wiki ICD-9-CM codes to ICD-10 crosswalk

Caresbear

Contributor
Best answers
I work at a nursing home and I was going to order some of the crosswalk reference cards from the AAPC website. Wondering if Alzheimer's and Dementia would be on the Behavioral card? I called AAPC and they said they couldn't tell me. Has anyone purchased this particular card?

I work at a nursing home and I was going to order some of the crosswalk reference cards from the AAPC website. Wondering if Alzheimer's and Dementia would be on the Behavioral card? I called AAPC and they said they couldn't tell me. Has anyone purchased this particular card?

The WHO and CMS have indicated that a cross walk system is not a suffice not way to located ICD-10 CM codes for patient claims. They were never created for this purpose. There are thousands of codes in the ICD-10CM code set that have no equal in ICD-9 and therefore you can never cross over to them. Such as unhappy vs depressive disorder. Many coders use 311 as a code for depression, which it is not. 311 is a code for a depressive disorder NEC as to mild moderate or severe. It will cross over to F32.9 major depressive disorder, single episode, unspecified. This is very different from the statement of patient is a little depressed. However what the cross walk will not tell you is the is a code for unhappiness, R45.2.