Wiki ILK injections for alopecia.. lesion vs area..

Best answers
I have never attempted to ask a question within this arena before, and hope I have done so properly, and will elicit lots of expert advice on the following.......CPT description for 11900 & 11901 states "# of lesions".....when I queried my provider for the number of lesions injected during intralesional Kenalog injection treatment for alopecia,, she replied, "I documented 60 injections to 60 areas – with hair loss these arent well described “lesions” so hopefully “areas” will suffice"... by that approach, we would bill 11901 ~"injection, intralesional, more than 7 lesions"
My provider and I have been discussing this difference in terminology & how to properly code when she performs, for example, 20 injections into one area of the scalp. Technically, these are not individual lesions, it is one "area" (11900?), but 20 individual injections (11901?). Is it appropriate to select either 11900 or 11901 based on the number of injections performed to an area, rather than the number of "lesions" or "areas" when it comes to alopecia? I would be very grateful for a resolution to this conundrum. Thank you