Wiki Incident to

aformato1

New
Best answers
I hope someone can help me. My boss has his own private practice in office space that he leases from the hospital he's affiliated with. The hospital provides staff for him and all the other doctors that we share space with. The hospital recently provided my boss with a Nurse Practitioner to assist him with seeing patients. I was told I can bill for the patients she sees if it is considered an incident to visit. I've been researching online and being that she is not personally employed by him, I'm not sure that's allowable. I would appreciate any advice.

No it is not allowable. Also incidents to,only applies to the physician office setting. A facility setting such as yours cannot bill services incident to.

It is a physician office setting. I apologize if im not being clear. Its seperate from the hospital they just own the building and the doctors lease office space from them. Its not an outpatient center.

But the NP and the nurses are not your physician employees so no to incident to. It is the same as if it were in the outpatient clinic