Wiki Incomplete Doppler Scan

Best answers
The physician did a 93971 for DVT but stated that it was incomplete because no B mod Scan was recorded. Can I still bill for the 93971, does it need a modifier? or should it be adjusted?
Thanks!

The physician did a 93971 for DVT but stated that it was incomplete because no B mod Scan was recorded. Can I still bill for the 93971, does it need a modifier? or should it be adjusted?
Thanks!

I think we would need to see a report of what was actually done. Hard to determine what to do based on the information given.

Modifier 52 is for reduced procedures and is to be used when a procedure is partially reduced or eliminated.
There is no need to reduce the price the insurance will asses the price on their own.

60 year old male who is status post cardiac arrest. study was done to rule out dvt. this venous Doppler study showed normal compression, normal phasic responses, normal augmentations in all veins of the bilateral extremities. B mode scan was negative for deep venous thrombosis or superficial vein thrombosis.

60 year old male who is status post cardiac arrest. study was done to rule out dvt. this venous Doppler study showed normal compression, normal phasic responses, normal augmentations in all veins of the bilateral extremities. B mode scan was negative for deep venous thrombosis or superficial vein thrombosis.

Is this the report that the initial questioner was asking about? Or did you just provide a sample suggested report?