Wiki Integumentary section

Best answers
Someone help me to find the ans I'm really confused.

A 15-year-old boy was burned in a fire and assessed to have received burns to 75 percent of his total body surface area. He was transferred to a burn center for definitive treatment. Once stable, he was brought to the OR. Procedure: Due to extent of the patient's burns and lack of sufficient donor sites, his full-thickness burns will be excised and covered with porcine grafts, and a split-thickness skin biopsy will be harvested for preparation of autologous grafts to be applied in the coming weeks, when available. After induction of anesthesia, extensive debridement of the full-thickness burns was undertaken. Attention was first directed to the patient's face, neck, and scalp. A total of 500 sq cm in this area received full-thickness burns. The eschar involving this area was excised down to viable tissue. Hemostasis was achieved using electrocautery. Attention was then turned to the trunk. A total of 950 sq cm in this area received full-thickness burns. The eschar involving this area was excised down to viable tissue. Hemostasis was achieved. Attention was then turned to the arms and legs. A total of 725 sq cm received full-thickness burns. The eschar involving this area was excised down to viable tissue. Hemostasis was achieved. Attention was then turned to the hands and feet. A total of 300 sq cm In this area received full-thickness burns. The eschar involving this area was excised down to viable tissue. All involved areas were then covered with porcine graft. Finally a split thickness
skin graft of 0.015 inches in depth was harvested using a dermatome from a separate donor site. A total of 85 sq cm was recovered. What procedures codes would be reported service?

Poor kid. Based on the information you've provided, this is how I would code the report:

Face, Neck, Scalp, Hands & Feet (800 sq cm total): 15277, 15278 x7, 15004, 15005 x7
Trunk, Arms & Legs (1,675 sq cm total): 15273, 15274 x16, 15002, 15003 x16
STSG Harvest: 15040

Last edited: