Wiki Is G2066 bundled with CPT Code 93298

Best answers
I am trying to understand if G2066 and CPT Code 93298 can be billed on the same day of service? I am being told by some private payers that G2066 is considered a level 2 HCPCS code and it is not recommended to be billed with G2066. CPT Code 93299 was deleted as of January 1st and replaced with 93298. There seems to be so much confusion around this code with private payers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

We are experiencing a high volume of denials for G2066 when coded with 93298. Carefirst, Aetna, Cigna are denying G2066 for the reason stated above (level 2 HCPCS not recommended to be billed with G2066) or they deny 93298 as mutually exclusive to the G2066. On the commercial payer side of things, it seems like their is an edit on this coding combination. Anybody have any luck with getting this paid?

I have been doing research on these codes all morning to try to resolve our denials. I am thinking it could be an issue with billing both codes under the same provider. Similar to the new EEG codes that have a tech code now this G2066 might need to be billed under the actual tech who is downloading the data and handling that in OP setting since that is in the description of the service in the HCPCS manual.... I wanted to see what people thought of this reasoning... I have called several insurance companies and haven't received any insight on this yet.