Wiki Is there a code?

Miller1846

Contributor
Best answers
I was wondering if anyone knows of or how to code for a Nurse visit to go over pre and post op items. Ex: a pt is having a LHC the nurse would bring them in discuss pre op and what needs to be done, post op and what will happen, maybe diet, adls any med changes. Is there a way or a code to bill for that serivce? Please advise.

E&M code If a minor procedure (0-10 day global) and not the same DOS of the procedure
If a minor procedure (0-10 day global) and it's same DOS of the procedure, its part of the global surgical package not separately reportable
If major procedure (90 day global) subsequent to the initial decision for surgery, its part of the global surgical package not separately reportable

E&M code If a minor procedure (0-10 day global) and not the same DOS of the procedure
If a minor procedure (0-10 day global) and it's same DOS of the procedure, its part of the global surgical package not separately reportable
If major procedure (90 day global) subsequent to the initial decision for surgery, its part of the global surgical package not separately reportable
I am not sure if i understand your answer. My take from it is no. We cannot bill for the pt to see the nurse for pre post op teaching it is part of the global surgical package.

It depends if its considered major vs minor surgery. If its major its bundled. Minor depends on when the visit took place.
Ex: MD orders a LHC during the pts visit, the pt leaves the office. On a later day the nurse brings the pt in for a "visit" to discuss pre and post op from the LHC, maybe diet changes, adls etc. The day the pt sees the nurse the pt does not see the MD just the nurse.