• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Is this OK for Past Family History? (PFSH)

Anjelique

Contributor
Messages
10
Location
Renton, WA
I received a progress note which only stated "adopted" for past family history. Does this count at all?
 
I would say NO because per CMS it states that family history is a review of medical events in the patient's family, including diseases that may be hereditary or place the patient at risk

So I would say no for just 'adopted'.
 
As the patient is adopted, we can credit it as family history if family history is non contributory to the presenting problem.
 
Top