• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

IV hydration billing for OB/Gyn office

Best answers
My physicians are interested in starting to bill for IV hydration instead of sending our patients to the ER, especially for OB patients. I have never coded or billed IV hydration........ can someone please help me??? What CPT codes and diagnosis would I use? What are the guidelines and where can I find them?:confused::confused:

I appreciate any input!!!

Sincerely,

A desperate office Manager!

Marlene

deeRuss

New
Best answers
IV Hydration

We provide hydration services in our OB clinic. Look at CPT 96360 and 96361. This category cannot be used for infusing drugs or other substances. If a drug is added (for nausea, etc) then look to codes 96365-96371 and the appropriate drug codes from the HCPCS book. Hope this helps.

deeRuss

New
Best answers
Diagnosis

Sorry, forgot to answer diagnosis question. The diagnosis we use is the condition the requires the infusion: dehydration, nausea and vomiting, etc.