Wiki IVF Billing

DIRM123

Best answers
We see patients starting 2/3 of there cycle multiple times up until the actual retrieval for visits such labs US and OV. How would you code these visits? Its scheduled as a IVF- BASELINE appointment all related to when the patients body is ready for the retrieval. Would you code it the reason why they cant get pregnant like female infertility's N97, N97.01 and so fourth or do you code it with the IVF Z31.83. I cant find an answer on this and I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. Can someone please helppp meeee??

We see patients starting 2/3 of there cycle multiple times up until the actual retrieval for visits such labs US and OV. How would you code these visits? Its scheduled as a IVF- BASELINE appointment all related to when the patients body is ready for the retrieval. Would you code it the reason why they cant get pregnant like female infertility's N97, N97.01 and so fourth or do you code it with the IVF Z31.83. I cant find an answer on this and I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. Can someone please helppp meeee??
As it appears this is part of the "cycle" I woud use Z31.83. You would report the infertility code only for the first visit when the case is being diagnosed, not after the treatment has been decided.