Wiki Lab and J Code Modifier Changes

lizelder

Contributor
Best answers
Recently I have been receiving numerous lab and J code denials. BX is saying the denials are correct as they are following CMS/NCCI updated standards. And almost all of the denials reference a modifier is missing. Does anyone know where I can find clarification on which J codes are now covered; or specific updated OB guidelines for J codes and labs. Thanks in advance

Recently I have been receiving numerous lab and J code denials. BX is saying the denials are correct as they are following CMS/NCCI updated standards. And almost all of the denials reference a modifier is missing. Does anyone know where I can find clarification on which J codes are now covered; or specific updated OB guidelines for J codes and labs. Thanks in advance
What are some examples of the codes and denials?

The denials all revolve around the modifiers not matching the CPT codes. I have done further research and it appears the update of the Claims Xtend claims processing tool is what is causing these problems. So thank you for your response but it seems that now I need to find a way to learn all about Claims Xtend processing and rules. Thank you for responding