Wiki Laptops, Tablets?

Best answers
My practice will be upgrading to a new PM/EMR in October.

I am trying to get a feel of what is the preferred device for Nurses, Medical Assistants and Physicians in the exam room and why.

My physicians all have different requests/thoughts regarding what type of device should be used.

Any input would be appreciated! :)

Nancy

If the system you are going with allows it , I would choose a combination. Each provider has their own comfort level with technology and we found in the past that allowing them to choose which they prefer to use, allowed them to be more comfortable with the system. It is traumatic enough learning a new system. Not sure how your practice is set up, but we used "pods" so each provider had his own assigned room which made this easier.

Our providers started out all on Laptops, many have gone back to desktops or use a combo of both, we have Allscripts Pro for our EMR and they do have a App to use Tablets but we have not heard good things about it so we have yet to venture down that road. I think in the future we will eventually have most of the assistants use Tablets while working up patients, and I am sure some of the doctors would like that. You should talk to people who have the same vendor of the EMR you are implementing as they might help you decide.