Wiki Left Cystic groin mass status post femoral artery exploration

kbridgewater

Best answers
I'm looking for the right code/codes for exploration of left groin mass, excision of cystic mass and ligation of tissues. This was done in the hospital under local anesthesia. Diagnosis is left cystic groin mass status post femoral artery exploration. Our billing staff can't agree on the proper code/codes to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi my name is Kiesha, are you looking for the CPT codes and ICD-9 codes? unsure if you need both or just one(CPT or ICD-9)

Last edited:
:eek: Hello, I am wondering if this was a mass or could it have been a hematoma, complication of a procedure? Was this mass there before the procedure:confused:rolleyes:

We often use 35860 when a hematoma forms after a femoral puncture ie; heart cath. The ligation I am unsure about without reading the report but do look at code 37618, ligation of extremity. I hope this helps you some??

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and time. I was looking at code 35860 and felt that it was probably the best code to use but wasn't sure. The mass did occur after the procedure and was filled with clear fluid and the doctor wasn't sure if this represented a lymphocele. The op-report states that he closed the wound in three layers with hopes of ligating any lymphatics that may have been draining into the mass.

Thanks again!!

Karen