Wiki Locum Tenens-anyone give me

nc_coder

Expert
Best answers
Can anyone give me any information on billing for a Locum Tenens or tell me where to go to get information on this subject? Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your response. Do you know if commercial payers tend to follow these guidelines as well? I have called a couple of our carriers and when I say "locum tenens" they act like I am speaking a foreign language and have no idea what I am talking about.

Yes. It doesn't surprise me that custom service is ignorant to this information (this is not a derogative comment...just poor training). You may want to contact the provider representative for your region but the process should be the same.

Ohhh...I just realized you're in NC. I may have the reps name and #...just let me know if I can help.

I have actually been in contact with most of our reps today. I found out that UHC and Aetna do not even recognize Locum billing. Only a provider credentialed with our practice can bill for treatment. So what is the point of even having Locum if you can't get paid for them?

I'll have to research that. I haven't heard this. Interesting since we haven't received any denials/correspondence from these two particular carriers.