Wiki Looking for Advice

Deandera

Best answers
Hi there! I have maintained my coding credentials since I passed my exam in 2010. I have not done coding as my primary position ever, (as a Practice Manager the company I worked for wanted us to be trained). I have always thought I would use this credential as a back up, but I am now looking for advice on any programs out there, or employment that will assist in training, as I am wanting to move to coding as a career. Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Hi Deandera. Most employers will train you for their specific type of coding. I would suggest looking up the current years guidelines and brushing up. Just go apply for a job and see what happens. I was told by someone very prominent and active in our local area that I'd never get a facility coding job right out of the gate, but I did. They are also big on getting people to "intern" (work for free). Totally not necessary. In my first year and a half out of Bryant and Stratton with no past work history for the previous 16 yrs and nothing in the medical industry ever, I landed 4 different coding jobs! I took what I could get for the first job then kept looking for something better until I saw the job I now have...(the 4th one) and I'm keeping it; a union, facility, work from home coding job. I have been doing it for almost 4 years now. I love my company. I love my boss. It's a dream job! Just brush up and go for it! Anna.

Can I ask who you got your first job with? I am trying to get started in the field and have my CPC. Any advice you have on where to apply would be great. Thank you so much!