Wiki Looking for an outsounce billing company for ENT?

bill2doc

Expert
Best answers
I have a question for a billing company that does ENT. Anyone avail from a billing office?

I have a question for a billing company that does ENT. Anyone avail from a billing office?
Hello, I own a billing company, but I don't have any ENT providers right now. However, I do have some experience in the ENT realm. Feel free to ask me with any questions that you may have and i will do my best to help you.

Thanks

Hello, I own a billing company, but I don't have any ENT providers right now. However, I do have some experience in the ENT realm. Feel free to ask me with any questions that you may have and i will do my best to help you.

Thanks
Thank you. I am trying to decide if I can learn ENT enough to help the doctor or recommend that he outsource. He's concerned about the outsource fee's. I had a local lady quote 9% but I have not clue if that's the going rate or if that starts at 9% and increases over time. I want to present to the physician his options using me to learn to do it and his option for outsourcing but it's hard to do without knowing numbers. If you feel comfortable, would you be willing to DM me your rate so that I can present to him both options.

My piece of advice when considering outsourcing is not just the percentage. It is what you are receiving for that percentage. Do they code, assist with coding, or will not perform any coding? Do they access your existing EHR system? Do they write appeal letters? Do they follow up on patient balances? How much does your practice have to interact and provide information to the outsourced company?
9% I think is a little on the higher side, BUT if they do more work, and increase your revenue, it could be well worth an extra percent or 2.
With your current billing system, what are your costs and which costs would be eliminated? For example, right now maybe you have 2 billers and they also verify insurance, check for referrals, do surgery and insurance authorizations, and fill out disability forms. If none of that work is performed by the billing company, you are not eliminating 2 positions.
I have worked with outsourced billing that was seamless. I have worked with outsourced billing that was so time consuming I still needed the same staff just to handle all the communication back and forth.
I think about it like hiring. Hiring a nurse for $25/hr is a bargain because of the work able to be performed. Hiring someone to send faxes for $20/hr is less expensive, but certainly no bargain.