Wiki Looking for EHR, Need Reviews!

acbarnes

Guru
Best answers
We are a 9 physician, 6 location colon & rectal surgical practice investigating complete EHR products. We rae currently looking into Allscripts Professional EHR, GE Centricity, and eClinical. Any reviews, comments, suggestions would be helpful.

Anna Barnes, CPC, CEMC
Directro of Operations

We went on eClinicalWorks in August. Very much regret it. Was used to Misys/Allscripts, so this was a big change. Reports in eCW do not balance. Everything hinges on 'Claims'. There isn't anywhere to place notes unless they are on the claim. Providers look at the Office Visit schedule, yet clerical staff has to use Resource Schedule. There isn't anywhere to put Provider meetings outside the office where the provider can see them. It isn't user friendly. The trainer sent in the beginning was too green to be out training, therefore, you had to pay for additional training. (We actually paid for two more trainings!) We had used Misys EMR, so my opinion isn't based on eCW being our first EHR. We are ob/gyn, so we have our own idiosyncrasies. Good luck in making the right choice! Even when doing your homework, there are still surprises!
Teresa Keith, CPC
North Georgia Women's Center

Choosing an EHR

Hello Anna
I work with a physician that is particularly skilled in the area of EHR compliance and usability. If you would like to contact me we could help to provide you with the guidance, information and knowledge to make an EHR choice that is compliant from an E/M assignment level, provide you with the tools necessary to maintain high productivity levels during and following the conversion and provide support to your organization throughout the entire process.

I look forward to talking with you
Amy Hyman CCS, CIRCC, CDIP
502-802-1600