Wiki Maternal Mental Health Screening

ksb0211

Guru
Best answers
Good day, everyone.
I've current undertaken a new task of researching information that is not familiar to me. I'm hoping for anyone's assistance, as I would be forever grateful for any little bit of help.
I'm looking for any guidelines for the screening of maternal mental health (postpartum depression) by either the OBGYN or pediatrician. My current focus is for the CA guidelines, however would appreciate for any location as I start to gather info. OBGYNs and pediatricians all recommend screening as a standard of care, and furthermore, the CA legislation requires OB's to screen as of 7/1/19. I was hoping this would make things easier to locate the info, however I'm not sure if I'm just searching incorrectly or if the info just isn't out there.
I need any information regarding any coding, billing and insurance reimbursement rates. We think we found the Medi-Cal codes and rates (Medicaid for CA - 50% of CA births) and we think we found the CPT and ICD-10 codes for private ins but this is only though fearless Googling and clicking around.

I do have some information gathered and would LOVE to discuss this with someone who might be familiar.

Thanks,
Kelly

We are a provider in CA and have an OB/Gyn Office and perform significant services for Medi-Cal patients. We routinely screen for post-partum depression and use the following coding:

Medi-Cal

• Diagnosis for screening is Z13.32
  • Diagnosis for confirmed depression would be F53.0
  • This is generally done as part of the postpartum visit which for Medi-Cal is billed under Z1038 if you are billing per visits or part of the global if you are billing global codes
  • Actual evaluation for psychiatric care by a clinician (ie: LCSW) would be 90791 and care by a psychiatrist would be 90792;
  • On-going counseling would be billed under 90832, 90833, 90834, etc