Wiki MDM use for Medication Assisted Treatment for substance abuse

ngou719

Contributor
Best answers
I have 2 questions... I am new to a MAT (Medication Assisted Treatment for substance abuse - IE: mainly opioid addiction) account that my company has and they asked me about MDM that I didn't want to answer incorrectly. Can you help me?

1. Can you count under data if a provider enters CRISP for review of prescriptions or is it only notes?

2. Under Risk, decision for hospitalization, can you use this if the provider wants to send the patient to a drug rehab facility for detox?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me!

Hi Ngou719:)
Question 1. Id say yes for reviewing past medications since the patient is being treated for substance abuse in a facility. Also in reviewing past medical history can includes current medications. I know the chronic ill pt in Medicine services have list of current meds in the medical record(Medication Administration Record MAR) and our providers review it.
Quesiton#2 Yes this be higher risk because pt. needs rehab or detox services. More medical necessity could be lab results showing sub abuse drug, plus patient s behavior and moods documented. As example the pt could be suffering from Ongoing Depression F32, Constant crying R45.83, Alcoholism F10 and just ill from pain or grieving dx Z63 or some kind of trauma PTSD dx F43 pushing the drug abuse lifestyle. Or abusing cocaineF14 and alcoholism dx F10 together and F06 mood DO in which needs the medical necessity of detox care. I think you get my drift.
Well I hope I helped you
Lady T

Hi Ngou719:)
Question 1. Id say yes for reviewing past medications since the patient is being treated for substance abuse in a facility. Also in reviewing past medical history can includes current medications. I know the chronic ill pt in Medicine services have list of current meds in the medical record(Medication Administration Record MAR) and our providers review it.
Quesiton#2 Yes this be higher risk because pt. needs rehab or detox services. More medical necessity could be lab results showing sub abuse drug, plus patient s behavior and moods documented. As example the pt could be suffering from Ongoing Depression F32, Constant crying R45.83, Alcoholism F10 and just ill from pain or grieving dx Z63 or some kind of trauma PTSD dx F43 pushing the drug abuse lifestyle. Or abusing cocaineF14 and alcoholism dx F10 together and F06 mood DO in which needs the medical necessity of detox care. I think you get my drift.
Well I hope I helped you
Lady T
Thank you so much!