Wiki Mechanical Thrombectomy/Venogram

Smb77

New
Best answers
I'm learning these procedures, I'm not sure about the venogram part. So, I would appreciate any feedback!! I got 37187-RT, 37248-RT, 36010-RT, 37252, 37253(x2), 76937. I don't know about the 75820 or 75825 as I have seen some people code it with their venograms.

Procedures performed:
Ultrasound guidance vascular access of right popliteal vein
Selective ascending venography and IVUS of right popliteal vein, right femoral vein, right common femoral vein, right common iliac vein and IVC venogram
Intravascular ultrasound of right popliteal vein, right femoral vein, right common femoral vein, right common iliac vein and IVC.
Mechanical thrombectomy (Inari Clot retriever) of right popliteal vein, right femoral vein and right common femoral vein
Balloon angioplasty of right popliteal vein and right femoral vein

Indication:
Extensive symptomatic right lower extremity chronic DVT with post thrombotic syndrome

Procedure in detail:
Patient was brought to the cardiac Cath Lab holding area and informed consent was signed and obtained. Patient was placed in prone position allowing for vascular ultrasound guidance access of the right popliteal vein. Initially a micropuncture sheath was used and after confirming appropriate luminal access by venography, this was upsized to a 6 French sheath. Next the affected occlusive thrombotic segments were crossed with an 035 wire and microcatheter. Ascending venogram was performed using pigtail catheter at the level of the left popliteal, left femoral vein, left external iliac vein, left common iliac vein and IVC. Thereafter 6 French sheath was serially dilated using a 12 and 14 mm dilator to allow for 14 French clot retriever sheath into the left popliteal vein. Thereafter, clot retriever device was placed at the appropriate affected segments and withdrawn manually and carefully for a minimum of 4 passes to allow for removal of thrombus. This is then followed by venography of the affected segments using pigtail catheter which is then followed by balloon angioplasty of the right popliteal vein and right femoral vein. This was then followed by intravascular ultrasound of right popliteal vein, right femoral vein, right common femoral vein right common iliac vein and IVC.