Wiki Medicaid plans prenatal visits guideline help?

rockylopez

Networker
Best answers
Hi i would like to ask if anyone has information or guideline info on prenatal visit. I was told that routine ob visits should have the global 0502f and not h1000. I was always told that medicaid all the plans for the routing prentals visits it has to be h1000. And everything is billed separately such as each initial visit, prenatal visits, and the delivery as well as postpartum. Can anyone help me find supporting documentation so i can show to my supervisor. Thank you.

Hi i would like to ask if anyone has information or guideline info on prenatal visit. I was told that routine ob visits should have the global 0502f and not h1000. I was always told that medicaid all the plans for the routing prentals visits it has to be h1000. And everything is billed separately such as each initial visit, prenatal visits, and the delivery as well as postpartum. Can anyone help me find supporting documentation so i can show to my supervisor. Thank you.
The purpose of all of "f" CPT category II codes is as a supplemental tracking code that can be used for as a performance measure, not a payment code. As far as I can tell, FL Medicaid (and there are multiple providers including managed care plans), are using the provider services manual which I have attached. An individual managed care plan might have different rules so it is always best to check. And yes, the payers who are publishing their rules online indicate separate billing.

Attachments

• Practitioner Services Handbook_Adoption.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 27