Wiki Medicare Battery non-chargeable placement

Denise M

Networker
Best answers
I could use a little assistance billing a Generator, neurostimulator, implantable non-rechargeable battery for a Medicare patient.

I was going to consider codes: 63685 with C1767, Not sure if Medicare will bundle the C1767 for ASC Facility.
If they do bundle...Should the code C1767 still be billed with zero dollars for reporting?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Denise

Hi Denise,

It is up to your ASC's discretion to bill out the implant charge. Regardless if you choose to generate the charge on the claim or not, I would still report the charge in your ASC's billing software with the cost of the implant so that the cost of the entire case is accurately reported on your ASC's financials.

Medicare will bundle it regardless as they include a prospective payment for the implant in the primary procedure code. The only devices that are separately billable to Medicare are those on pass-through status, which can be identified when the HCPCS code associated with the device has a ASC Payment Indicator of J7 (OPPS pass-through device paid separately when provided integral to a surgical procedure on ASC list; payment contractor-priced.)