Wiki Medicare EHR penalty? Dermatology private practices included?

JesseL

Expert
Best answers
Are solo Dermatology practices effected by the EHR penalty by Medicare? We haven't received any 1% payment reductions but I'm confused with how it works. My boss also asked about signing up for the incentive but I believe its too late at this point to do that? My boss also asked me how do they know if we satisfy meaningful use.. I have no idea.. does our EHR report to CMS on their own :confused:

It is based on eligible professionals, so your doctor would likely be included. Any penalty will effect your Medicare payments. There are multiple incentive programs going on right now...PQRS and MU.

If you don't know if you attested for stage 1 of MU, then you probably didn't. You need to first call your EHR vendor and ask about the MU program and how it works. You might get assigned someone to guide you through.

The below link is a good place to start.
http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EHRIncentivePrograms/Meaningful_Use.html

If you didn't do anything with PQRS previously, you also may be subject to a 1.5% penalty.

I'm sorry I can't help specifically, calling your EHR vendor and CMS ( 1-888-734-6433) might be a good place to start.

It is based on eligible professionals, so your doctor would likely be included. Any penalty will effect your Medicare payments. There are multiple incentive programs going on right now...PQRS and MU.

If you don't know if you attested for stage 1 of MU, then you probably didn't. You need to first call your EHR vendor and ask about the MU program and how it works. You might get assigned someone to guide you through.

The below link is a good place to start.
http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EHRIncentivePrograms/Meaningful_Use.html

If you didn't do anything with PQRS previously, you also may be subject to a 1.5% penalty.

I'm sorry I can't help specifically, calling your EHR vendor and CMS ( 1-888-734-6433) might be a good place to start.

We are starting to get the co-237 adjustment codes, i assume this is the EHR 1% penalty. We didn't get the PQRS penalty, we've never attested, should I be expecting this penalty to come next? If we do attest , that includes for the EHR and PQRS in one shot correct? is it too late to do anything about it for this year?