Wiki MEDICARE PROCEDURE & OV

Best answers
HELLO!!!
I work for a Cardiologist , we have many Medicare patients, I am asking if it is possible to bill 99214-25 and 93289(-59?? modifier) on the same day visit ?? We will do remote downloads every 90 days. Both the Doc and the patient would like in office (every 30 days) .
We live in a remote area and the demographics of the patients vary for 12 to over 100 miles away. To minimize the driving the patient is asking to do the office visit and the device check on the same day. I have tried numerous ways to ask Medicare and the web specific questions and no luck. To top it off the patient called Medicare and they told her they would ( the patient had no codes to reference to ). I don't want to have to have a large balance to contend with.

Thank you much in advance for the help

HELLO!!!
I work for a Cardiologist , we have many Medicare patients, I am asking if it is possible to bill 99214-25 and 93289(-59?? modifier) on the same day visit ?? We will do remote downloads every 90 days. Both the Doc and the patient would like in office (every 30 days) .
We live in a remote area and the demographics of the patients vary for 12 to over 100 miles away. To minimize the driving the patient is asking to do the office visit and the device check on the same day. I have tried numerous ways to ask Medicare and the web specific questions and no luck. To top it off the patient called Medicare and they told her they would ( the patient had no codes to reference to ). I don't want to have to have a large balance to contend with.

Thank you much in advance for the help

There are no CCI edits between those 2 codes. Based on that, I'd say you don't even need to use modifiers to bill.

I'm not a cardiology coder, so I don't know if there are other reasons not to bill together. However, you don't need a modifier 25 or a 59, since those are meant to override CCI edits.