Wiki Medication confusion

Kadams83

New
Best answers
I have a provider who completed a trigger point injection and a pudendal nerve block in the office. The documentation shows that 2cc of 2% lidocaine, 1 cc of 8.4% bicarbonate and 7cc of 0.5% Marcaine was injected per side. I am having a problem finding out if this medication should be billed. I know that a lot of payers don't allow for a separate reimbursement for a lidocaine component. Does anyone have experience with this?

I currently have the below procedures coded
64430-59, 50

Trigger Point Injection - Procedure Note

Indication: Bilateral levator spasm, pudendal neuralgia

Procedure: Bilateral trigger point injection, bilateral pudendal nerve block

Complications: None

Procedure in Detail:
Bilateral trigger point injections and pudendal nerve blocks performed without difficulty. 2cc of 2% lidocaine, 1 cc of 8.4% bicarbonate and 7cc of 0.5% Marcaine injected per side. Pt tolerated procedure well.

Follow-up: RTC 1 weeks

I don't bill the lidocaine for Medicare.

Also, there are very, very few payers, in my experience, that pay for both a trigger point and anything else at the same time.

Thank you so much for the information. I will keep an eye on the claims to see if payers are paying for both of the procedures.

I don't bill the lidocaine for Medicare.

Also, there are very, very few payers, in my experience, that pay for both a trigger point and anything else at the same time.