Wiki Medisoft and eRX?

AMADDOX

Contributor
Best answers
I was wondering if anyone knows if Medisoft is working on eRX capability or not? With the Medicare 2012 eprescribing adjustments just around the corner, I was hoping Medisoft at least has something in the works so that eligible providers using their software wouldn't have their payment reduced. I currently use Medisoft, but bill only for surgical assistants which do not prescribe meds, but just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything in regards to MD's using Medisoft and what options might be out there to avoid the 2012 adjustments?

I was wondering if anyone knows if Medisoft is working on eRX capability or not? With the Medicare 2012 eprescribing adjustments just around the corner, I was hoping Medisoft at least has something in the works so that eligible providers using their software wouldn't have their payment reduced. I currently use Medisoft, but bill only for surgical assistants which do not prescribe meds, but just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything in regards to MD's using Medisoft and what options might be out there to avoid the 2012 adjustments?

There is a standalone option for e-prescribing if just using Medisoft Practice Management and not the EHR system (Medisoft Clinical). The standalone option has the ability to upload patient demographics from Medisoft.