Wiki Members posting the same question multiple times

Should members only post their question/topic to 1 thread/forum?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CBLENNIE

Expert
Best answers
Am I the only one who is frustrated that members are posting the identical question to multiple threads and/or forums? There seems to be a recent uptick in the number of members who are posting the same exact question multiple times. Particularly when they use different titles for each post or if they create their own original post and then post the same question to an existing post. It annoys me when I respond to a post and move on to another post to review and possibly respond to only to find it is the same question I just answered in another post.

It's frustrating when you are trying to help people and go to answer a post when it also appears 5 more times. I think a lot of people don't realize it breaks the rules: • Cross-Posting is not allowed here. Cross-posting refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts already started by the poster with the intention of gaining exposure.

It is frustrating for those of us who routinely view and answer posts. I swear sometimes if I see a post 3 times one right after the other, I don't even bother opening/answering any of them. If I do answer one, on the other posts I'll point out to only post once and link to where I answered.
Unfortunately, some posts are by users who didn't bother to read any of the forum rules, nor look to see if the same question was asked 3 times in the last month (my other pet peeve). :geek:

It is frustrating for those of us who routinely view and answer posts. I swear sometimes if I see a post 3 times one right after the other, I don't even bother opening/answering any of them. If I do answer one, on the other posts I'll point out to only post once and link to where I answered.
Unfortunately, some posts are by users who didn't bother to read any of the forum rules, nor look to see if the same question was asked 3 times in the last month (my other pet peeve). :geek:
It goes back to my motto for when folks would come to me for a coding "answer" without doing any independent research or even trying at all. "Did you look it up or try to figure it out?" :unsure:

Are there any moderators for the forums anymore? I just noticed what looks like the same question posted to 3 different forums, someone at AAPC needs to address this.
I have wondered the same thing and concluded there is no active moderation. Which, I totally understand. I assume the flag/report function allows moderation pro re nata.

Yes, please use the 'report' option in case you see multiple posts...thanks!
I have been reporting the cross-posted questions but I think there needs to be some type of member education regarding the forum rules as most people don't read them. I think articles in Healthcare Business Monthly and AAPC News e-newsletter are options for doing this education, as well as a post to the AAPC Blog. It could be a topic that is covered by the local chapters when they hold meetings.

This information needs to be sent out since we have had so much growth in the membership, and most are just trying to get their answer and have no idea they are violating the rules, and it is not helpful to have excessive duplicate posts.

I don't mean to be a hard hiney about this, but I spend a decent amount of time every week trying to help those who post to the forums, and I would prefer to use my time productively by answering questions where I can.