Wiki Methadone Take Homes

Rhonda Hammond

Contributor
Best answers
Hello,

I bill for Medicaid and looking for guidance on billing for Methadone Take Homes.

We are looking at H0020 with the appropriate modifier.

Can someone how they usually bill for this under the Medicaid line of business?

I live in Ohio and we bill the H0020 with a modifier TV (7 days) or a UB for (8-14) days. We bill the date of service as the Sunday starting that week. You will need to look at your Medicaid BH manual for your state to see what your state requires. I attached what I found for NJ you may have to look to see if you have something more current. You would then bill according to the manual.

Attachments

• BH codes for contract change 012018.pdf
    120.4 KB · Views: 7
I live in Ohio and we bill the H0020 with a modifier TV (7 days) or a UB for (8-14) days. We bill the date of service as the Sunday starting that week. You will need to look at your Medicaid BH manual for your state to see what your state requires. I attached what I found for NJ you may have to look to see if you have something more current. You would then bill according to the manual.
Thanks for your assistance with this!!!

What does the TV and UB stand for?
In the Ohio manual we bill the H0020 with one of several modifiers: OTP Daily Administration HF OTP One Week Administration (2 – 7 Days) TV OTP Two Week Administration (8 – 14 Days) UB OTP Three Week Administration (15 – 21 Days) TS OTP Four Week Administration (22 – 28 Days) HG