Wiki MIPS for Breast Cancer Screening

mnuhfer04

Networker
Best answers
I am new to coding, and MIPS has me a bit confused at times. I code/bill for a primary care physician. We sent a patient out to get a mammogram for breast cancer screening. We now have the report and it was reviewed by one of our physicians. The patient had a Screening Digital Breast Tomosynthesis bilateral done. My question is, am I to report CPT code 77067? This is what my Star Measures guide which I received
from my office manager is telling me to report. But, I thought that a code like this was only to be reported by the facility were the procedure was preformed. I would greatly appreciate any input on how I am to proceed, if at all. Thanks!

I'm not current on MIPS since I work for a large healthcare organization and this information is not reported on individual claims.
You definitely do NOT report the actual mammogram itself. I believe the MIPS code for breast cancer screening completed is G9899.
https://qpp.cms.gov/docs/QPP_qualit...ures/2020_Measure_112_MedicarePartBClaims.pdf
I believe the Star Measures guide is used by the healthplan (based on claims processing data) to ensure their members are meeting certain metrics, and does not provide the MIPS data that practices would use.