Wiki Mod 50 or mod 51

I dont believe its a "bilateral" procedure, the description is a single catherer electrode array is inserted....but two are actually inserted, thats the confusion with this question

Ah I am in the airport so I am not able to look up the code, so I guess then I would go with a 59, and if you want the 51 then it would be 59, 51, but my question is 2 are inserted in the same location, then I am not certain you can bill for both, I will have to look at the book when I get to my destination.

Per CPT Assistants

Modifier Use

Codes 63650, 63655, and 63660 each describe the placement, revision, or removal of only one electrode catheter or electrode plate/paddle. Placement of any additional electrode catheter(s) or plate(s)/paddle(s) should be separately reported by appending the modifier -51 to the appropriate code.

Codes 63650, 63655, and 63660 each describe the placement, revision, or removal of only one electrode catheter or electrode plate/paddle. Placement of any additional electrode catheter(s) or plate(s)/paddle(s) should be separately reported by appending the modifier -51 to the appropriate code. For example, if two electrode catheters (or two plates/paddles) are placed, 63650-51 (or 63655 and 63655-51) should be reported.