Wiki moderate sedation & RT support

Best answers
Hi all,
I am in need of assistance. I work for an Endoscopy lab (in a hospital) we use moderate sedation, some of our patient require respiratory therapy support during sedation. I would usually bill this with CPT 94660 (for the use of BI-PAP) and 99152 for the first 15 minutes of moderate sedation. I'm now being told, by compliance, these services are bundled and can't be billed together. I checked the Medicare website and can't find documentation to support this and there are no NCCI edits that I can find. Any information or suggestion on where I can look for an answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Hi all,
I am in need of assistance. I work for an Endoscopy lab (in a hospital) we use moderate sedation, some of our patient require respiratory therapy support during sedation. I would usually bill this with CPT 94660 (for the use of BI-PAP) and 99152 for the first 15 minutes of moderate sedation. I'm now being told, by compliance, these services are bundled and can't be billed together. I checked the Medicare website and can't find documentation to support this and there are no NCCI edits that I can find. Any information or suggestion on where I can look for an answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.[/QUOT

Just to clarify, Are you coding for the facility services? I'm assuming so based on you working for a lab in the hospital.
Are you saying they are stating not to code 94660 WITH 99152 or to code neither with the endoscopy procedures?