Wiki Modifier 76 - radiofrequency

Breezy

Networker
Best answers
Is it appropriate on a radiofrequency procedure for example that is done at L3, L4, and L5 all on the right side to use 64622, 64623, and 64623-76? The CPT code is repeated but it is at a different level, so would that count as a repeat procedure?
Thanks for any help.

Hey,

I think 64622 is for single level. For each additional level add 64623. So there is no need to use modifier 76.

Be'coz this a continuous procedure not a repeat procedure.

Hope this helps! :)

VJ.

It is not a repeated procedure when it is performed at a different level then it is a different procedure you would list 64622, 64623, 64623 59, to indicate same procedure, different level.

just the definition of the modifier is all you need. To be a repeated procedure it has to be the exact procedure that is repeated, once you perform the procedure at a different level then by definition it is a distinct and separate procedure not a repeat.

I have a question regarding using the 76 modifier..... when I am billing twins for a repeat ultrsound, I bill the 76816 twice, now would I use the 76 modifier on the second charge? I have been told I only need to use the 59 modifier on the second charge. We are a Facility based Maternal Fetal Medicine clinic and we bill both the professional charges and the Facility charges. so, I was asking for the Facility side only.

Last edited: