Wiki Modifier 91 - CPT code 82365 states for each antibody

Silva28

Best answers
CPT code 82365 states for each antibody so it could be filed with multiple units to note the number of antibody. Is modifier 91 also necessary to append to the CPT code? It seems odd to put a 91 as the code already notes each

CPT code 82365 states "Calculus; infared spectroscopy". There is no per analysis listed on this code. Are you sure you have the correct code specified?

Modifier 91 corrected code

Sorry for the typo, 86255 is the correct code. We are being told that CMS requires a modifier 91 for all repeat tests, which I understand for most, but this code is each antibody so you would file with multiple units. Thank You

Modifier 91 on lab codes with each

I am being told by a vendor that CMS has a list of cpt codes that needs to have modifier 91 appended to it if repeated,. The file in an OCE file that has a indicator that it is a lab service. In reviewing the list of codes, it is not a complete list of lab and it also has non lab services. I can not find anything in the lab section of the CMS manual that points to this list. Is anyone familiar with this.

I had also been using modifier 91 for multiple tests. I recently read (can't remember where) that modifier 59 is the correct choice. The example they gave for modifier 91 usage was if a pt has a bmet, and comes in later with symptoms of low glucose, and a glucose is ran. You would use a 91 on the glucose. They said for multiples of the same test that share a CPT code (like for antigens) you would use a 59. I am trying to find the article, I know I have it somewhere in all of my clutter.
Anyone else with thoughts on this?

Found the article: Part B News, Nov 3, 2014, page 7

Last edited: