• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Modifier for 96372 IM injection + same day flu Vaccine Modifier?

Lweiner

Best answers
Can someone tell me if I need to add modifier 59 when an IM injection (96372)+ influenza virus vaccine (G0008) are given the same day? If so, is the modifier applied to the IM injection or Vaccine? thank you. :confused:

philipwells

Networker
Best answers
I'd like an answer to this as well. We've always billed it as seen below:

99212-25
J0696
96372-59
J0702
96372-76

For your example, we would bill it as:

99212-25
G0008-59
J0696
96372-59

Don't take my examples as correct, I'm basically seconding your question with another example = /

I'd like clarification if the 59 is needed on the first 96372 and a 76 on the second 96372.

jademound

Networker
Best answers
No modifier required

No, a modifier is not required for these 2 injections. You can bill them as you would if you were only doing one. If there is an office visit, a 25 modifier is still required for the office visit.