Wiki MRM

bfosdick

New
Best answers
My facility is wanting to do MRI Myelography for CSF to check for leak. We are trying to find a CPT code for. Has anyone ever billed for this and what CPT code did you use. Thank you

My facility is wanting to do MRI Myelography for CSF to check for leak. We are trying to find a CPT code for. Has anyone ever billed for this and what CPT code did you use. Thank you
Here are a few codes I am looking at for you. Do either of these fit your needs?

70551 - The provider uses magnetic resonance imaging, or MRI, to examine the brain and brain stem. The provider does not administer contrast for this exam.

70553 - The provider performs a magnetic resonance imaging, or MRI, study of the brain including the brain stem. He performs this procedure without using contrast material. He then follows with contrast material and takes more images.

76390 - The provider uses a diagnostic imaging technique called magnetic resonance spectroscopy or MRS to detect and identify the chemical composition of diseased tissue and structures or to study the metabolism of organs. MRS is similar to a conventional magnetic resonance imaging or MRI, and a provider may perform it as part of a routine MRI, but an MRI examines body structure where an MRS monitors and measures body chemistry, such as metabolism. MRS is a diagnostic tool for determination of many brain disorders, the degree of malignancy of tumors, and for evaluating metabolic disorders of the muscles and nervous system.