Wiki multiple providers

Best answers
I work for an ortho practice and all of our providers bill under the same tax ID. We also have an off site clinic that does pre-ops, INR, and other misc procedures. It is run by a NP and she also bills under the same tax ID#. My problem is getting reimbursement when one of the ortho docs sends a pt over for a pre-op the same day. We have tried numerous ways of billing this with no luck. The insurance keeps saying that you cannot bill for two office visits the same day. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get these two providers their office visit paid?

We have multiple providers that we bill under the same tax ID - the only way we bill and get paid for two office visits on the same day is if the providers are different specialties (have different taxonomy codes such as GYN and IM) and see the patient for different issues; if not then you can only bill one E&M code per date of service.

I guess that is the problem, the NP is really not a specialty. The only way to get around this issue is to have her get her own tax number. Thank you so much for your help.:)