Wiki need help with pulmonary case

bhargavi

Guru
Best answers
Indications

Acute saddle pulmonary embolism with acute cor pulmonale (CMS-HCC) [I26.02 (ICD-10-CM)]

Conclusion

Procedures:

1. Insertion of EKOS catheters in bilateral pulmonary arteries for catheter directed thrombolysis

Details:

After obtaining informed consent, the patient was prepped and draped in sterile fashion. Two 6 French glide sheaths was inserted in the right internal jugular artery under fluoroscopy and ultrasound guidance. 5 French Swan-Ganz catheter was used for assessment of pulmonary pressures. Using the 5 French Swan-Ganz catheter and 5 French FR 4 catheter and using V 18 wires, EKOS catheters were placed successfully into bilateral pulmonary artery branches.

I attest that moderate conscious sedation was provided under my direct supervision with the sedation trained nurse using 0.5 mg of intravenous Versed and 50 mcg of fentanyl to sedate the patient. Start time 1356 and end time was 1556 for a total of 120 minutes. There were no complications. See nurse's sedation sheet, for complete pre-and post service details.

Hemodynamics:

Pulmonary artery pressure: 58/26 mmHg.

Summary:

1. Saddle pulmonary embolus and extensive bilateral pulmonary emboli with evidence of RV strain status post successful insertion of EKOS catheters for catheter directed thrombolysis

thank you in advance
should i bill 37211?