Wiki Need Help - 93925 arterial duplex documentation

niharims

Contributor
Best answers
CPT-93925

Duplex scan of lower extremity arteries or arterial bypass grafts; complete bilateral study
Notes:
(Do not report 93925 in conjunction with 93985 for the same extremities)

If at all there is a Medicare or other insurance audit what all things should be there for 93925 arterial duplex?

Apart from demographics and DOS;

1. It should be bilateral
2. right and left data of velocities, stenosis, phasicity of major arteries of LL
3. waveforms interpreted into findings for both left and right
4. conclusion

However, my question is, Is it mandatory to mention the indication in the report itself?

Please, review the attached report , if it is containing sufficient information to survive the insurance Audit?
I could find one mistake , that it doesn't contain the indication as why the procedure was done.
Please advise.

Attachments

• New DOCX Document.docx.pdf
    129.5 KB · Views: 13
If you don't have the indication for doing the test, where's your medical necessity? I would send this back to the provider for correction/additional info.

C Collison, CPC, CCC, CPMA, CPPM

If you don't have the indication for doing the test, where's your medical necessity? I would send this back to the provider for correction/additional info.

C Collison, CPC, CCC, CPMA, CPPM
Thank you very much for the guidance. However, Provider would like to get some insurance document requesting same or reference material.
It would be a great help if you can provide the same.