Wiki Need help coding this!

jlb102780

Guru
Best answers
:confused:

I need some help coding this. I can not find anything.

*Hemodynamic assessment of left renal artery using a prime wire.

This was done during an abdominal aortography and bilateral renal angiography.

This is what the report says in regards to the hemodynamic assessment:

Findings
After an appropriate bolus of heparin was given, the Prime wire was equalized and normalized in appropriate fashion. It was advanced beyond the area of fibromuscular dysplasia into the distal left renal artery well beyond any evidence of angiographic abnormality.

The pressure difference was only 2 to 3 mmHg at this site. Usually, significant renal artery stenosis is evidenced by a 20 mm systolic gradient; this was not even remotely close to that. In light of that, the decision was made not to proceed with intervention.

Any help with coding the Hemodynamic assessment would be wonderful.

Thanks so much,
Jammie, CPC

:confused:

I need some help coding this. I can not find anything.

*Hemodynamic assessment of left renal artery using a prime wire.

This was done during an abdominal aortography and bilateral renal angiography.

This is what the report says in regards to the hemodynamic assessment:

Findings
After an appropriate bolus of heparin was given, the Prime wire was equalized and normalized in appropriate fashion. It was advanced beyond the area of fibromuscular dysplasia into the distal left renal artery well beyond any evidence of angiographic abnormality.

The pressure difference was only 2 to 3 mmHg at this site. Usually, significant renal artery stenosis is evidenced by a 20 mm systolic gradient; this was not even remotely close to that. In light of that, the decision was made not to proceed with intervention.

Any help with coding the Hemodynamic assessment would be wonderful.

Thanks so much,
Jammie, CPC

The pressure gradents are part of the renal exam, not billable.