Wiki Need help determining when to use 41520 and 41010! HELP PLEASE!

Jpad

Networker
Best answers
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for reading this.

I am confused between 41010 & 41520 and I'm not sure if I'm coding them correctly.

For instance, I coded 41010 for this report:
"We then incised the frenulum down to the floor of mouth, furtherrelease into a diamond shape was created using just blunt dissection. After
this was achieved, we then closed the wound. We used some 4-0 chromic sutures
to coapt the wound edges."

I coded 41520 for this one:
"A cautery device was used to incise the lingual frenum to the base of tongue with care not to injure the submandibular duct openings. The mucosal edges were reapproximated with interrupted 3-0 chromic sutures generating a horizontal and vertical frenuloplasty."

For this report I am about to use 41010:
"The frenulum was cut with a needle-tip cautery back to the level just posterior
to the submandibular duct openings. We then closed the diamond shaped defect
using 2 interrupted 4-0 chromic sutures."

I am just unsure about the instances wherein to use said codes!

codes 41010 and 41520

Code 41010 is an incision into the lingual frenum. The provider may put sutures in, but does not suture the ends together which frees up the frenum. Which in turn allows more range of motion for the tongue.

Code 41520 is used when the provider corrects an abnormally attached frenum by a method other than simple incision or complete incision. The provider would use Zplasty, which consists of rearranging the tissues. This procedure is to increase the range of motiion of the tongue. This procedure also increases range of motion.

Hope this helps.

Code 41010 is an incision into the lingual frenum. The provider may put sutures in, but does not suture the ends together which frees up the frenum. Which in turn allows more range of motion for the tongue.

Code 41520 is used when the provider corrects an abnormally attached frenum by a method other than simple incision or complete incision. The provider would use Zplasty, which consists of rearranging the tissues. This procedure is to increase the range of motiion of the tongue. This procedure also increases range of motion.

Hope this helps.

Thank you!You've been very helpful!