• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We’re introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Need Help - Evac of Axillary Hematoma w/ Ligation of vessel

AthensCoder

Networker
Best answers
Please help coding the following OP report:

PreOp Dx: Rt. Axilarry hematoma w/ active bleeding
PostOp Dx: Same

Procedure: 1. Evacuatiojn of Rt. axillary hematome w/ ligation o bleeding vessel
2. complex closure

Pt is a 69 year old gentleman status post excision of rt axillary mass. He is on dialysis and each time he is dialyzed he develops bledding w/i axilla.

Pt has active bleeding w/i the rt axilla. Clot was evacuated and at the base of the clot there was a patent vein which had been previously transected and the end protion was noted. This was suture ligated with 3-0 Monocryl in a figure of wight type suture. Wound was irrigated again and the axillary tisues were then reaproximated with 3-0 Monocryl in a runnign fashion in multiple layers.

I know the code for the closure, but I just can find on for the evacuation or vein ligation.

prideandjy2003

Contributor
Best answers
What code did you ever end up using? I've got a similar case, post operative bleeding. Physician removed clots and suture ligated small blood vessels. I have no idea what to do!